Very well done 4 bedroom villa, within a five minute walk of the charming village of Bonnieux
Provence/France Villa 8
The villa is set on a picturesque hillside within a 20 minute walk of Bonnieux. It offers the quintessential Provençal experience. There’s character and charm to spare here, with original tiled floors and beamed ceilings, sumptuous views, and an atmosphere of sheer tranquility. Immersed in the gorgeous landscape of the Luberon National Park, this impeccably presented villa never fails to leave a big impression on its guests.
Leading off the entrance hall on the ground floor, a modern kitchen seats eight people around the table, and opens onto a vine-shaded terrace with space for eight. A comfortable living area is perfect for getting together in the evenings, and there’s also a large en suite bedroom on this floor that allows magnificent panoramas of the Luberon.
Upstairs, there are three further bedrooms, two en suite. Each room has a king-size bed, while the master suite also has its own private balcony, ideal for sundowners.
Within the peaceful, well-maintained gardens, you can relax around a large swimming pool that enjoys a lot of sun. If you fancy getting out and about, Bonnieux is just a short walk away. There can be few places better to stay than on the scenic doorstep of one of the most famous villages in Provence. A Michelin-starred restaurant and a weekly market await you, so you can dine out perfectly and stock up to dine in as well.
All bedrooms can be made up as doubles or twins, please request at time of booking. Children under 10 years are not allowed at this villa.
4 Bedrooms/5 Bathrooms
- Barbecue Facilities
- Central Heating
- Coffee Machine (Espresso)
- Dining Area (Outdoor)
- DVD Player
- Fans Available
- Hair Dryer
- Internet Access (Wireless Broadband)
- iPod Docking Station (iPod Not included)
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Library (CD's/DVD's)
- Recreation (Petanque/Boccia/Boules)
- Swimming Pool (with Pool Alarm)
- TV (Cable/Satellite)
- Washing Machine & Dryer
- Cost of utilities including water, gas and electricity.
- Maid service 8 hours per week.
- Arrival set of pool towels, household and bed linen (weekly change for bookings longer than 7 nights).
- Final Cleaning.
- Central Heating.
- Private swimming pool (15mx6m) with pool alarm.
- Wi-Fi broadband internet.
- Telephone (local calls only).
- Extra maid service available on request at €23/hour.
- Telephone as per consumption if not local calls.
- Cook service (local cuisine) is available for up to eight guests from EUR 30/hr plus the cost of groceries.
- Chef service (professional service) is available for up to eight guests from EUR 80 per person including the cost of the groceries. A full chef service including breakfast, lunch and dinner is available from EUR 350/day.
- Waiters (obligatory for more than 8 guests): From EUR 20/hr (subject to availability).
- Transfers from Marseille Airport to the Villa (One way): Mercedes Viano or similar (for up to eight passengers) available from EUR 312.
- Transfers from Avignon Train Station (TGV) to the Villa (One way): Mercedes Viano or similar (for up to eight passengers) available from EUR 216.
(Please note: for services between 7.30pm and 7.00am a supplement of 20% is applied).
- Pre-arrival grocery shopping is available. A service fee of EUR 60 is charged plus the cost of groceries. This service covers up to EUR 200 worth of groceries. This service is included within our A&K Concierge offering.
- We are also able to arrange additional activities to enhance your holiday experience such as guided touring and sightseeing options, tutored wine tasting, tennis or golf courses, bike rental or art classes. Please see the activities tab for further ideas or discuss additional activities with your Travel Consultant.
- Please note that all services confirmed in advance are non-refundable.
Why we chose this villa for our portfolio-Very well done house within a 5 minute walk of the lovely village of Bonnieux and its many excellent restaurants.
- Property Type
- Outdoor pool
- Within walking distance of a village
- Entrance hall with guest toilet
- Kitchen/Dining room: Well equipped kitchen with modern appliances. Dining table for 8 guests. Access to dining terrace with further dining for up to 12 guests
- Utility room with washing machine and dryer
- Living room: Comfortable living area with sofas, armchairs, a library of books, study area as well as TV and DVD player
- Bedroom 1: King size bed (180cm) with en-suite shower room and WC as well as access to main terrace and superb views of the Luberon
Bedroom 2: Master suite with king size bed (180cm), private balcony and en-suite bathroom with bath tub and shower attachment, Bedroom 3: King size bed (180cm) with en-suite shower room, Bedroom 4: King size bed (180cm)with separate shower room located in the hallway next to the bedroom
Fully enclosed grounds in an idyllic setting of privacy and complete tranquillity. The 6 m X 15,5 m (19' X 39') pool with overflow edge is set some 20 meters (a meter is about a yard) from the house and is surrounded by lawn. The well-kept grounds are landscaped with many oak and olive trees and, since this is Provence, rows of lavender here and there. A venerable mulberry tree provides shade at the front entrance to the mas, and boxwoods in terracotta pots line the vine-covered outdoor dining area.
Refundable security deposit
Train stations: Avignon (49km), Aix-en-Provence (51.5km) Airports:Avignon Airport (40km), Marseille Airport (75km). Nice Airport (222km Villages: Bonnieux (800 metres), Lacoste (10km), Goult (10km) City: Avignon (50km), Aix-en-Provence (50km), Marseille (80km) Golf: Provence Country Club (28km)
Recommended Local Restaurants
Le Fournil-5 place Carnot, Bonnieux Tel 04 90 75 83 62 www.lefournil-bonnieux.com 10 minute walk from the villa, in the middle of the town of Bonnieux next to the fountain, ‘The Oven’ is one of Bonnieux’s most consistent tables. There’s a choice of settings: the swish interior (carved straight into the hillside) or the lovely terrace on the square. Either way, the menu’s the same: rich, delicious Mediterranean dishes, making use of the chef’s homemade jus concentrés (concentrated sauces). It also has an ice-cream shop on the same square. Moderate pricing, 2-/3-course menus lunch €24.90-32, dinner €41.50-54.50, dinner mains €26.80
L’Arôme-2 rue Lucien Blanc, Bonnieux Tel 04 90 75 88 62 www.laromerestaurant.com/uk/official-site.php 10 minute walk from the villa. Lodged in a charming vaulted cellar in Bonnieux, L’Arôme is a prestigious address, run by well-respected chef Jean-Michel Pagès. The menu revolves around gourmet ingredients with impeccable local provenance, dashed with spice and surprises. The fresh country-style decor is as charming as can be, from the 14C vaulted dining area to the terrace. The food itself is all about authenticity, and the chef places a special emphasis on freshness, flavour and generosity! As aromatic as its name suggests. Moderate-upper moderate pricing, menus €35-43, mains €25-32.
Restaurant Edouard Loubet-at La Bastide de Capelongue, RTE DE LOURMARIN, 84480 BONNIEUX Tel +33490758978 www.capelongue.com 20 minute walk from the villa. The French restaurant guide Gault&Milleau considers this restaurant one of the 20 best in France and Michelin has awarded them Two Stars. Chef Loubet is, without a doubt one of the most creative chefs in France at the moment. You will never be bored and always surprised at his table. He seems to take the baest Luberon ingredients and interpret thm in the most interesting ways. The chef or his wife will most likely great you themselves, and the wait staff and atmosphere are top notch in very way. Eating here is not just a meal, but truly an experience. Very expensive, but the set menu for lunch is an excellant value. Menu 58 € (weekday lunch), 140/190 € dinner - Carte 130/160 €.
La Bergerie, also at La Bastide de Capelongue)-RTE DE LOURMARIN, 84480 BONNIEUX Tel +33490758978 www.capelongue.com 20 minute walk from the villa. This restaurant is also, like the above restaurant, run by Chef Loubet. It offers a less formal, less expensive option to try his food. It is a more traditional bistro version of his gastronomic restaurant. Just as the terrace reveals stunning views, so the menu turns the spotlight on produce from the region. Such as tapenade, leg of lamb à la ficelle (roasted on a string) and casseroles, timeless marquises au chocolat and floating islands. There is no question as to the expertise of the kitchen team. Moderate prices, Menu 38 € - Carte 42/60 €
55% of rental
House is available for rent from Spring-Autumn, or other periods on request.
Prices include all taxes, agency fees, foreign exchange fees, and credit card fees.
May 12 - Jun 30 $9,110 Weekly
Jun 30 - Sep 01 $9,495 Weekly
Sep 01 - Sep 29 $9,110 Weekly
Sep 29 - Dec 29 $8,415 Weekly
There are no reviews at this time.
L'ostau Bonnieux Availability Request
To request information about the availability of this property, please enter your travel dates and provide your email!