La maison des rochers
Three bedroom village house in Gordes, partially carved from the cliffs.
Provence/France Villa 5
A restored 17th Century village house seemingly carved from the cliffs of Gordes, beautifully offset by the cream plaster work and French Tavel stone used throughout. With magnificent views of the Luberon Mountains from every window and each of its many terraces, this is an ideal base from which to stroll to the shops and restaurants.
The property sits on three levels with two terraces to the east side of the house, one vaulted with a large wrought iron table and chairs ideal for evening drinks or dinner. There is a third on the west side with teak tables and chairs leading down to a shaded seating area, the 4m x 8m swimming pool and compact private shaded garden. Gordes is a striking hilltop village carved out of the rocks, once a resistance stronghold in the Second World War. Now the village is popular with visitors year round, as it has a charming array of shops, art galleries and restaurants, teamed with spectacular views from the village walls.
This property is not suitable for people with walking difficulties. Due to the nature of the property there are several drops around the property. Young children need to be supervised.
3 Bedrooms/2 Bathrooms
- Barbecue Facilities
- Central Heating
- Coffee Machine (Espresso)
- Dining Area (Outdoor)
- DVD Player
- Fans Available
- Internet Access (Wireless Broadband)
- iPod Docking Station (iPod Not included)
- Library (CD's/DVD's)
- Swimming Pool (with Cover)
- TV (Cable/Satellite)
- Washing Machine & Dryer
- Cost of utilities including water, gas and electricity.
- Arrival set of pool towels, household and bed linen (weekly change for rentals longer than 7 nights).
- Private swimming pool (8m x 4m) with pool cover.
- Final Cleaning.
- Central Heating.
- Wi-Fi broadband internet.
- Maid service available on request at €20/hour.
- Telephone as per consumption (payable locally).
- Cook service (local cuisine) is available for up to eight guests from EUR 30/hr plus the cost of groceries.
- Chef service (professional service) is available for up to eight guests from EUR 80 per person including the cost of the groceries. A full chef service including breakfast, lunch and dinner is available from EUR 350/day.
- Waiters (obligatory for more than 8 guests): From EUR 20/hr (subject to availability).
- Transfers from Marseille Airport to the Villa (One way): Mercedes Viano or similar (for up to eight passengers) available from EUR 312.
- Transfers from Avignon Train Station (TGV) to the Villa (One way): Mercedes Viano or similar (for up to eight passengers) available from EUR 216.
(Please note: for services between 7.30pm and 7.00am a supplement of 20% is applied).
- Pre-arrival grocery shopping is available. A service fee of EUR 60 is charged plus the cost of groceries. This service covers up to EUR 200 worth of groceries.
- We are also able to arrange additional activities to enhance your holiday experience such as guided touring and sightseeing options, tutored wine tasting, tennis or golf courses, bike rental or art classes.
Why we chose this villa for our portfolio-Another great example of a renovated village house in the charming village of Gordes, this one being partially excavated from the native stone, and including an outdoor swimming pool, great views and concierge services.
- Property Type
- Special Selection
- Our Favorites
- Within walking distance of a village
- Outdoor pool
Bedroom 1: Double bed (160cm). Shared shower room with bedroom 2. Bedroom 2: Double bed (140cm) suitable for 2 children. Shared shower room with bedroom 1. Restored stone staircase leads down to the swimming pool and small garden with barbecue.
Recommended Local Restaurants
Pèir-R. DE LA COMBE, 84220 GORDES Tel +33490721212 https://labastidedegordes.airellescollection.com/restaurants-bars/ At the Bastide de Gordes Hotel, world renowned chef Pierre Gagnaire's hallmark talent and experience can be tasted in all the well-presented, inspired, powerful and flavoursome dishes prepared by his team in this elegant restaurnat. Sourced with magnificent produce and ingredients, they elegantly and delicately bring out the best of Provence. Rated One Star by Michelin. A culinary experience not to be missed. Very expensive
La Citadelle-R. DE LA COMBE, 84220 GORDES Tel +33490721212 www.bastide-de-gordes.com Another excellent restaurant in the Bastide de Gordes Hotel, though not quite as formal as the previous listing. In the evening, take a seat in the fine and unmistakably 18C bourgeois dining room, or on the panoramic terrace to admire the sun setting over the Luberon. Enjoy dishes that pay tribute to the premium ingredients and flavours of Provence: asparagus, local tomatoes, lobster, and roast saddle of lamb. Upper moderate-expensive
Les Cuisines du Chateau-Pl. du Château, Gordes Tel 04–90–72–01–31 www.lescuisinesduchateau.com This tiny but deluxe bistro across from the château may look like a tourist trap, but step inside and you'll find friendly service and wonderful home cooking like roast Luberon lamb, beef with truffle sauce, and the like. The '30s-style bistro tables and architectural lines are a relief from Gordes's ubiquitous rustic-chic, and there is a revolving array of paintings by local artists, many of which are for sale. There are only 26 seats, so book well in advance. Inexpensive
Carcarille-RTE D'APT, 84220 GORDES Tel +33490720263 www.carcarille.com It's as if time has ground to a halt in this friendly family restaurant. On the lovely terrace, you can sample flavoursome dishes in which everything is homemade. Try gibelotte de lapin (rabbit stewed in white wine) with a thyme jus, roasted red mullet and mixed vegetables in pesto, or biscuit with lemon cream and marmalade. Inexpensive to moderate pricing.
Les Bories-RTE DE L'ABBAYE DE SÉNANQUE, 84220 GORDES Tel +33490720051 www.hotellesbories.com This remote and idyllic setting opens wide onto the scrubland. The cuisine of Provence comes into its own here. Enjoy the delicate flavours, balanced textures and well-matched culinary combinations pf this One Star Michelin restaurant. The chef has a subtle touch.
Le Mas Tourteron-Tel 04 90 72 00 16 www.mastourteron.com A longstanding gourmet table, where chef Elisabeth Bourgeois-Baique showcases her passion for traditional Provençal dishes like roast guinea-fowl and herb-crusted lamb, spiced with occasionally exotic ingredients (her assistant chef is Japanese). It’s in an attractive country house, 3.5km south of Gordes off the D2: aim for one of the lovely garden tables if you can. Moderate pricing
Villa is available for rent most of year
Prices include all taxes, agency fees, foreign exchange fees, and credit card fees.
May 12 - Jun 30 $4,481 Weekly
Jun 30 - Sep 01 $5,533 Weekly
Sep 01 - Sep 29 $4,481 Weekly
Sep 29 - Dec 22 $4,039 Weekly
Prices on request from Jan 20-May 14
There are no reviews at this time.
La maison des rochers Availability Request
To request information about the availability of this property, please enter your travel dates and provide your email!